bartelby
Nov 14, 08:47 AM
"Mummy, why is that man watching those naked people doing things to each other." :p
It will happen.
I thought iGary had trouble getting on flights!
It will happen.
I thought iGary had trouble getting on flights!
alent1234
Apr 15, 11:17 AM
Its very subjective to the developer whether what SQL database sucks.
Zimbra integrates into itself (Its much more than just an exchange competitor now) and starts from free.
zimbra, pop/imap
what a joke. firewall guys, we want email on our phones. we need to open the firewall on a few more ports
exchange is database based which makes it easier and cheaper to manage it
the base product is free but once you start buying add ons like archiving it's a lot more expensive than exchange. and other features that require MS outlook, contacts sync and iphone/mobile are not free. major fail and will cost just as much if not more than MS exchange once you compare apple's to apples
Zimbra integrates into itself (Its much more than just an exchange competitor now) and starts from free.
zimbra, pop/imap
what a joke. firewall guys, we want email on our phones. we need to open the firewall on a few more ports
exchange is database based which makes it easier and cheaper to manage it
the base product is free but once you start buying add ons like archiving it's a lot more expensive than exchange. and other features that require MS outlook, contacts sync and iphone/mobile are not free. major fail and will cost just as much if not more than MS exchange once you compare apple's to apples
OllyW
Mar 12, 01:22 PM
US made bikes? HA. good luck - there are like 3 main manufacturers all over seas that put out most frames (Giant is a big one.) - past that SRAM and Shimano are going to be your group (i think SRAM still has some US plants). Wheels will be easier to find but hubs/rims - not so much.
There are some great US made bikes out there. Look away from the big manufacturers and make sure you've got lots of cash to spare...
http://www.2011.handmadebicycleshow.com/
:)
There are some great US made bikes out there. Look away from the big manufacturers and make sure you've got lots of cash to spare...
http://www.2011.handmadebicycleshow.com/
:)
rdsaunders
Oct 20, 05:28 PM
Evening from the Welshman!
Looks as though I'll be at the Regent Street store to pick up my copy of leopard and a free T Shirt. I'll also be at MacExpo for the day so if anyone wants to meet up let me know.
Rich
Looks as though I'll be at the Regent Street store to pick up my copy of leopard and a free T Shirt. I'll also be at MacExpo for the day so if anyone wants to meet up let me know.
Rich
Small White Car
Apr 5, 09:38 AM
You're supposed to use smilies when you're being sarcastic on the Internet.
This is the Worldwide Web and not all readers here are native English speakers. If you don't clue others to your sarcasm, your words will often be taken at face value. You have much to learn about effective online communication.
Thank you.
I'm sorry you didn't understand me. I really am and didn't mean to insult you.
But I didn't put a smiley because it wasn't really all that sarcastic. It was a pretty straighforward comment about how Macrumors posters are temperamental and sometimes hypocritical.
This is the Worldwide Web and not all readers here are native English speakers. If you don't clue others to your sarcasm, your words will often be taken at face value. You have much to learn about effective online communication.
Thank you.
I'm sorry you didn't understand me. I really am and didn't mean to insult you.
But I didn't put a smiley because it wasn't really all that sarcastic. It was a pretty straighforward comment about how Macrumors posters are temperamental and sometimes hypocritical.
Eraserhead
Sep 27, 11:24 AM
I checked the update pace for Mac OS X 10.4.
29/04/2005: 10.4.0
17/05/2005: 10.4.1 (+ 18 days)
12/07/2005: 10.4.2 (+ 56 days)
31/10/2005: 10.4.3 (+ 111 days)
11/01/2006: 10.4.4 (+ 72 days)
14/02/2006: 10.4.5 (+ 34 days)
03/04/2006: 10.4.6 (+ 48 days)
27/06/2006: 10.4.7 (+ 85 days)
27/09/2006 (today) + 92 days
Soon we'll have 10.4.8, and then probably around 3 months later 10.4.9 (January?). I doubt Apple will release 10.4.10, they could but I don't think they ever did it with another OS.
I thought first that it could mean that Leopard would be early, but I don't think so (spring 2007 is March 21 - June 21).
That's better, not that it really matters... ;)
29/04/2005: 10.4.0
17/05/2005: 10.4.1 (+ 18 days)
12/07/2005: 10.4.2 (+ 56 days)
31/10/2005: 10.4.3 (+ 111 days)
11/01/2006: 10.4.4 (+ 72 days)
14/02/2006: 10.4.5 (+ 34 days)
03/04/2006: 10.4.6 (+ 48 days)
27/06/2006: 10.4.7 (+ 85 days)
27/09/2006 (today) + 92 days
Soon we'll have 10.4.8, and then probably around 3 months later 10.4.9 (January?). I doubt Apple will release 10.4.10, they could but I don't think they ever did it with another OS.
I thought first that it could mean that Leopard would be early, but I don't think so (spring 2007 is March 21 - June 21).
That's better, not that it really matters... ;)
wdlove
Sep 22, 09:18 PM
Certainly if you are willing to wait that long then MWSF might be very likely for an update. It all depends on how soon that you want to get a new Mac.
rdlink
Jul 20, 08:34 PM
at&t will know what your doing at all times:eek:

Conseco Fieldhouse Seating. conseco fieldhouse numbered; conseco fieldhouse numbered. swingerofbirch. Aug 31, 08:28 PM. These days there aren#39;t a whole lot

detailed conseco fieldhouse

Conseco Fieldhouse Seating

Info | Conseco Fieldhouse

of the Conseco Fieldhouse

Conseco Fieldhouse - Seating

View the Conseco Fieldhouse

Conseco Fieldhouse Sports

Conseco Fieldhouse Seating

Conseco Fieldhouse for me is

Conseco Fieldhouse Seating
mdriftmeyer
Apr 14, 06:08 PM
He was at Microsoft for 2 years and over a decade at Yahoo. I would say he's more of a Yahoo employee then Microsoft.
I'm pretty sure he didn't fit in at Microsoft the same way ex-IBMer Papermaster did at Apple.
Its a good thing he's going to work at Apple. Hopefully he can help build a FreeBSD backend like Yahoo once had in it's glory days!
What I find ironic is Apple building data centers and pushing the cloud while they just finished acing the Xserve.
Apple should make a move and buyout Joyent if they really want to get serious. Joyent has been picking up a lot of top talent!
Seeing as OS X is a FreeBSD brethren it's not hard to realize that while XServe is decommissioned that they are still designing, developing and testing future Server Hardware and the Data Center is a great testing ground amidst a huge swath of 3rd party hardware inside there.
I'm pretty sure he didn't fit in at Microsoft the same way ex-IBMer Papermaster did at Apple.
Its a good thing he's going to work at Apple. Hopefully he can help build a FreeBSD backend like Yahoo once had in it's glory days!
What I find ironic is Apple building data centers and pushing the cloud while they just finished acing the Xserve.
Apple should make a move and buyout Joyent if they really want to get serious. Joyent has been picking up a lot of top talent!
Seeing as OS X is a FreeBSD brethren it's not hard to realize that while XServe is decommissioned that they are still designing, developing and testing future Server Hardware and the Data Center is a great testing ground amidst a huge swath of 3rd party hardware inside there.
bruinsrme
Nov 18, 04:19 AM
Unfortunately, you're wrong on most if not all counts.
First, it would be patented material, not copyrighted material. And patent infringement, especially design patents, is really quite easy to pursue.
Second, the Chinese supplier is "Foxconn", not "Foxcomm".
Third, and finally, in cases like these, as a general rule, even though Foxconn is the supplier, Apple is the owner of the parts. If Apple ordered that the parts in question be destroyed, putting them in a box and taking them home doesn't count, and certainly neither does selling them to a friend in the US. If they are the actual parts produced for Apple, then it is quite likely that they are, indeed stolen goods, and both this boy and the employee who got the parts for him are in trouble.
However, if the people involved were a bit smarter, then these parts would be from a production run not ordered by Apple. Under those circumstances, depending on how the contract is worded, there may have been enough wiggle room for them to sell these parts, especially given the fact that the actual Apple parts never went into formal production.
Finally, while it's arguably quite impressive that this kid was able to sell about 450 kits, to the tune of $130K, it's important to remember that this doesn't mean that he's made $130K. I would think it much more likely that he's getting maybe 10%-20% of that. Still, $13,000-$26,000 is not a bad haul for a couple months work...
Do you have proof apple ordered the destruction of the products?
There are a few outlets to get the same products but they are in China.
First, it would be patented material, not copyrighted material. And patent infringement, especially design patents, is really quite easy to pursue.
Second, the Chinese supplier is "Foxconn", not "Foxcomm".
Third, and finally, in cases like these, as a general rule, even though Foxconn is the supplier, Apple is the owner of the parts. If Apple ordered that the parts in question be destroyed, putting them in a box and taking them home doesn't count, and certainly neither does selling them to a friend in the US. If they are the actual parts produced for Apple, then it is quite likely that they are, indeed stolen goods, and both this boy and the employee who got the parts for him are in trouble.
However, if the people involved were a bit smarter, then these parts would be from a production run not ordered by Apple. Under those circumstances, depending on how the contract is worded, there may have been enough wiggle room for them to sell these parts, especially given the fact that the actual Apple parts never went into formal production.
Finally, while it's arguably quite impressive that this kid was able to sell about 450 kits, to the tune of $130K, it's important to remember that this doesn't mean that he's made $130K. I would think it much more likely that he's getting maybe 10%-20% of that. Still, $13,000-$26,000 is not a bad haul for a couple months work...
Do you have proof apple ordered the destruction of the products?
There are a few outlets to get the same products but they are in China.
jessica.
Dec 9, 11:45 PM
Yes, R.I.P. Elizabeth and stay classy Babipsts (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/09/westboro-baptist-church-says-it-will-picket-elizabeth-edwards-funeral/)
Abstract
Apr 3, 08:01 AM
I don't actually know why Apple are bothering. MS Office is the best program on my Mac. It does everything I could possibly want.. and more.
Exactly. Word is great. Yes, it's bloated, but as long as you realize that you're buying Word with no intention of using 97% of the features, the 3% of the features you DO use are perfect. I even think things are perfectly laid out (on Macs, not Windows), especially on Office 2004.
Again, I realize there is a lot of bloat, but I never really intended to use ALL the features anyway. I intended to use what I need, and Word does offer everything I need.
And I don't think Word is slow. No word processor is slow enough to bother me. And if you're right and it IS slow, then its not very noticeable, and so it isn't a big deal.
Exactly. Word is great. Yes, it's bloated, but as long as you realize that you're buying Word with no intention of using 97% of the features, the 3% of the features you DO use are perfect. I even think things are perfectly laid out (on Macs, not Windows), especially on Office 2004.
Again, I realize there is a lot of bloat, but I never really intended to use ALL the features anyway. I intended to use what I need, and Word does offer everything I need.
And I don't think Word is slow. No word processor is slow enough to bother me. And if you're right and it IS slow, then its not very noticeable, and so it isn't a big deal.
*LTD*
May 5, 10:59 PM
I like how Microsoft thinks the 11" MacBook Air is a netbook ;)
MS has no friggin clue when it comes to mentioning Apple directly about anything. Whatever comes out of MS that is anti-Apple falls completely flat after Apple releases their quarterly numbers. Why even bother calling more attention to Apple, while in the process also highlighting that what you peddle by comparison is total ****. It'll only result in more Mac sales!
MS has no friggin clue when it comes to mentioning Apple directly about anything. Whatever comes out of MS that is anti-Apple falls completely flat after Apple releases their quarterly numbers. Why even bother calling more attention to Apple, while in the process also highlighting that what you peddle by comparison is total ****. It'll only result in more Mac sales!
Oppressed
Apr 21, 11:17 AM
You right. But that's a very common theory here on these threads. I use that analogy to suggest how ridiculous that would be if Apple really did remove it to 'differentiate' the product lines.
Apple is a business, and its not only a possibility but expected to withhold features from products to help sell other products.
Your analogy is not as black and white as you portray it. Air conditioning is a feature that many many cars have. To not include it would be a deal breaker for almost every customer out there. Meanwhile lets say leather interior was a feature that was standard on another model it would make you think twice when thinking which model to buy either between that of the same brand (in this case ford) or another lets say Nissan. If you wanted to use your same analogy in this situation it would be if Apple choose to withhold a trackpad on the laptop.
Same thing here. BL KB is a feature that is not too standard on ALL laptops. Its more or less a luxury feature that differentiates itself from not only other Apple laptops but other companies laptops.
Apple is a business, and its not only a possibility but expected to withhold features from products to help sell other products.
Your analogy is not as black and white as you portray it. Air conditioning is a feature that many many cars have. To not include it would be a deal breaker for almost every customer out there. Meanwhile lets say leather interior was a feature that was standard on another model it would make you think twice when thinking which model to buy either between that of the same brand (in this case ford) or another lets say Nissan. If you wanted to use your same analogy in this situation it would be if Apple choose to withhold a trackpad on the laptop.
Same thing here. BL KB is a feature that is not too standard on ALL laptops. Its more or less a luxury feature that differentiates itself from not only other Apple laptops but other companies laptops.
rasmasyean
May 1, 12:02 PM
Android vs. iOS vs. WP7 vs. WebOS...
It's so sad how the "OS Wars" has stooped to this level. I mean, what the heck, your DVD player and TiVo has an "OS" too! These are PHONES! Although they run "Apps", they don't run "Applications" where you do some real work with. No one sits as a desk to balance the daily sales on an iPhone or hash out some history assignment on a Droid. Just because they have a "CPU" in them, it doesn't make them a "computer" in the Mac/PC sense.
And for those who think..."Well. not now, but because of miniturization, blah blah, they are getting there and soon everyone will be working out of their pockets..." BALONEY! Do you think that the computer industry (and the rest of the industries that use computers) will settle for "a pocket computer reminiscent of the last decade for every employee"? When your iPhone can run the equivalent of MS Office the "computer" will run MS Office 2020! When you can do Adobe Photoshop on your Android, Adobe Holoshop will be what's required to stay in business! :cool:
It's so sad how the "OS Wars" has stooped to this level. I mean, what the heck, your DVD player and TiVo has an "OS" too! These are PHONES! Although they run "Apps", they don't run "Applications" where you do some real work with. No one sits as a desk to balance the daily sales on an iPhone or hash out some history assignment on a Droid. Just because they have a "CPU" in them, it doesn't make them a "computer" in the Mac/PC sense.
And for those who think..."Well. not now, but because of miniturization, blah blah, they are getting there and soon everyone will be working out of their pockets..." BALONEY! Do you think that the computer industry (and the rest of the industries that use computers) will settle for "a pocket computer reminiscent of the last decade for every employee"? When your iPhone can run the equivalent of MS Office the "computer" will run MS Office 2020! When you can do Adobe Photoshop on your Android, Adobe Holoshop will be what's required to stay in business! :cool:
roland.g
Apr 1, 09:30 AM
Looks like an even swap.
kingdonk
Feb 28, 08:24 PM
more server app screenshots
Dreadnought
Nov 14, 12:04 PM
Are you interested in taking over the project? There is a position available! :D
poorracerkid
Apr 5, 01:46 PM
Gotta set the 'Droids free.
miloblithe
Apr 2, 12:00 PM
I too was very unimpressed, although I gave up pretty quickly.
Zombie Acorn
May 4, 10:03 AM
I've learned a great deal about Canada's election system the last three months. I for one am happy Harper won the majority. Also for any Americans hearing the word conservative and cringing with thoughts of Sarah palin floating in your head the parties are a bit different up here. There really isn't as much of the polar opposites like you see from dems/reps. In fact I would consider most parties center to center left.
sam10685
Apr 11, 03:18 PM
Put almost 8 hours in so far. Really enjoying it! Having a really hard time with chapter 2-4. Are you guys finding it hard or is it me?
Flynnstone
Apr 27, 01:50 PM
Not sure, but have you checked "Grapher"? (part of OS X).
edesignuk
Dec 18, 10:42 AM
Oh I guess you must be right then. :rolleyes:No more right than you are, but I'm not the one trying to stamp on everyone's parade. :rolleyes: indeed.